VSI-2534 is a comprehensive ECU re-programmer with built-in OBDII diagnostic capability for service bay repairs and automotive engineering.
DG Tech VSI J2534 ECU Reprogrammer & Diagnostic Adapter
Complete Automotive Coverage for:
- Security Professionals
The VSI-2534 is a SAE J2534 interface that allows technicians to manage reprogramming activities on automotive vehicles from 1996 to current model years. This activity is typically accomplished by accessing OEM reprogramming sites to obtain detailed information for ECU re-flashing. OEM reprogramming sites vary widely and typically require a nominal fee to access the site and download the updates for an ECU. The VSI-2534 kit provides user guides with detailed information on the processes used by many OEM sites. Virtually every OEM allows this, including:
- Land Rover
Each of these vendors has their own pricing, so please contact us for more information. Subscriptions with these vendors range from 24 hours to Annual, with pricing as cheap as $10 for daily subscriptions and a couple hundred a year for annual subscriptions per vendor.
OEM Software Compatibility
This adapter will also work with many of the OEM software programs! These programs are not included with this adapter, but can be purchased separately:
- GM Tech3Win
- GM GDS2
- VAG Offboard Diagnostic Information System (ODIS) Service
- Toyota TechStream
- Jaguar/LandRover IDS
- Volvo VIDA
- BWM ISTA
Aftermarket Software Compatibility
The VSI-2534 adapter will also work with a variety of aftermarket OBDII diagnostic software, including:
- DG Diagnostics OBDII software (Read more on this below, its included with purchase of this item!)
- Palmer Performance Engineering
FREE Diagnostics OBDII Software Included!
Provides vehicle status reporting functionality along with unique features for Chrysler including VIN and SRI read/write capabilities.
- VIN: Reads the VIN that is on the ECU. This can be used to verify the VIN number is correct to the VIN plate on the vehicle.
- Current Calibration: Shows the current calibration on the ECU. This can be used to identify and confirm whether a newer/later update is available for the specific vehicle when compared to the new, available OEM calibration information.
- DTC’s: This area will provide a DTC Count, the specific DTC’s that are stored and also give the ability to Clear DTC’s. If a DTC is present, the MIL indicator will be illuminated in red. The DTC Definition link will take you to a spreadsheet to search for the definitions to those DTC’s. Remember, in several cases, a successful reprogramming event may actually set a DTC, which must be cleared after completing the reprogramming event. Some OEM applications will also allow the clearing of DTC’s as part of their process.
- Get/Set Oil Life: For vehicles equipped with this feature, reading and writing new values is available upon the oil change.
- Inspection / Maintenance: This feature will display the various IM monitors that are specific to the ECU/Vehicle the device is connected to. For the most accurate reading, the VSI-2534 should be connected directly to the vehicle.
OBDII DG Diagnostics
DG Diagnostics unleashes OBDII diagnostic functionality for light and medium-duty vehicles. The new light duty functionality allows technicians to quickly access all emissions-related vehicle information on all light and medium-duty vehicles with an OBDII connector without the need for additional and expensive software. It provides all emissions-related DTC information, parameters, and monitors based on the SAE J1979 and SAE J2012 standards.
The OBDII functionality allows service bay technicians to quickly diagnose vehicle health issues and provides reporting capability for communicating with the customer in a timely fashion.
Generic Diagnostic Applications Provide:
- Display Diagnostics Trouble Codes (DTCs) and DTC Freeze Frame Data
- Displays all three types of OBDII emissions related DTCs (Active, Pending, Permanent/Confirmed).
- Converts the DTC into text form per the SAE J2012 standard.
- Allows clearing of DTCs and emissions-related monitor information.
- Monitor all OBDII Parameters an ECM supports
- Engine Speed, Engine RPM, Temperatures, Pressures, Etc.
- Display Vehicle Information
- VIN, Calibration ID (CALID), Calibration Verification Numbers (CVNs), Etc.
- Display OBD Monitors supported and their status
- Including which OBD requirements a vehicle is certified to
VSI-2534 Validation Tool
This software allows technicians to clearly see that the vehicle network is communicating with the VSI-2534 and the VSI-2534 is connected properly to the computer. DG is the only manufacturer in the industry with this software. This application saves technicians troubleshooting time and provides a graphical display of the vehicle network connection.
This is the first J2534 adapter on the market to have a 24-month warranty. It is backed by DG Technologies.
Still have questions? Call us at 888-615-3803 with any questions regarding this product!