Diesel Scope Standard Oscilloscope Kit
What is a Digital Storage Oscilloscope?
A Digital Storage Oscilloscope or DSO is a tool that is used to diagnose electrical problems that are not normally seen with a standard automotive multimeter. A DSO allows a technician to capture voltage readings over a period of time and view that information graphically. This allows him to get very detailed in their diagnostics. If you were to think of a normal handheld multimeter as a film camera that takes in a small amount of light to create a picture, then you can think of an Oscilloscope as a High definition video camera that lets you take detailed information over an extended period of time!
Make your shop more efficient
The diesel scope allows technicians to perform tasks in minutes that would normally take hours of removing components and wasted parts. Removing valve covers and inspecting valvetrain components on modern commercial diesel vehicles can be a daunting task, but hooking up the diesel scope and running a few common tests can lead the technician down the correct path to a successful and efficient repair.
Dive deep into electrical issues and diagnose those difficult issues. Intermittent issues that only happen under certain conditions or fault codes that only come up irregularly can be very difficult to diagnose. Using an oscilloscope can let technicians hone in on these types of issues and create faster turnaround and less time wasted time searching for broken wires and bad modules.
The diesel scope offers all the functionality of the standard Picoscope tools with the added benefit of the incorporated Guided Diagnostic tests specifically for Medium and Heavy-Duty Vehicles. These tests will help technicians with specific tests and give them examples of good waveforms to compare with. This expanding library of guided tests will keep new and more efficient ways of doing things at the forefront of your diagnostics.
Our Ex-Diesel Technician tech support team is on standby and have been trained in oscilloscope diagnostics. If you have issues or trouble connecting your scope to a piece of equipment or need help performing tests, our tech support team is here to help.
All oscilloscopes aren’t created equal
There may be cheaper oscilloscopes on the market, but one thing that is often overlooked by consumers when purchasing an oscilloscope are the specifications that are necessary for reading the sensors and actuators on today’s’ vehicle systems. The Diesel Scope is spec’d to handle all of your automotive related needs and will do so with power to spare.
Features specific to HD
With the Diesel Scope, you are getting a tool that was created to work with heavy-duty equipment.
Not only do we include the HD specific tests, but we give our Diesel Scope customer 1 free year of access to our Repair platform so they can look up repair information and most importantly wiring diagrams for heavy-duty vehicles.
- Quick Start Guide: PicoScope 4225/4425 Automotive Scope
- Manual: Guide to Oscilloscope Diagnostics
- S Hook
- Carton: Jazz case 440x375x165mm
- Diesel Laptops kit carry case
- Custom Product: Deisel Laptops PS4425-95
- Multimeter style test probe (black) (x2)
- Multimeter style test probe (red) (x2)
- Small crocodile clip (black) (x2)
- Small crocodile clip (red) (x2)
- Dolphin clip 1000V CATIII (black)
- Dolphin clip 1000V CAT III (red)
- Electronics Acupuncture Probes
- 4mm shrouded to unshrouded adaptor black (x2)
- 4mm shrouded to unshrouded adaptor red (x2)
- 60A DC current clamp w/BNC connector
- Breakout lead for ATC style fuses
- Extension lead for mini style fuses
- Premium Test Lead: 3M BNC to 4mm blue permanent ground
- Premium Test Lead: 3M BNC to 4mm red permanent ground
- Premium Test Lead: 3M BNC to 4mm green permanent ground
- Premium Test Lead: 3M BNC to 4mm yellow permanent ground
- Cable: USB 3.0 blue 1.8m
- Battery clip 4mm socket (red) (x2)
- Battery clip 4mm socket (black) (x2)
- Flexible back pinning probe black (x2)
- Flexible back pinning probe red (x2)
- 2000a Clamps Large Jaw
- Extension lead for JCASE fuse
- Divide by 10 attenuator (x2)
- Extension lead for maxi style fuses (x2)
Need more accessories?
Upgrade to the Advanced Kit:
- Manual: WPS500X Pressure Transducer
- Carton: CS70 case 230 x 80 x 275mm
- Carry case: WPS500 compression adaptors
- WPS500X low-pressure transducer
- Cable: USB A male to mini 5 pin 2m
- Vacuum hose for WPS500 pressure transducer
- Exhaust adaptor for WPS500 pressure transducer
- Fuel hose for WPS500, small Schrader
- Cable: insulated BNC to insulated BNC 5m
- Diesel Fuel Rail adapter hose
After purchase, you will receive an email with instructions to download the Diesel Scope Software. This file will allow you to use the Diesel Scope software, but to get the additional Diesel Laptops Support Items, contact our Technical Support team to finalize the installation process.