The breakout box you need for Heavy-Duty is here. If you work on J1939 9-pin Deutsch based vehicle systems, you will have to have one of these in your toolbox, or two!
Drew Tech Break Out Box for J1939 Testing and Engineering
The J1939 Breakout Box allows multiple tools to be connected to a vehicle’s data buses to support vehicle integration testing, logging, or debugging. It is extremely useful in troubleshooting connection and or messaging problems.
The ultimate J1939 9-pin Deutsch Breakout Box:
- Switched vehicle power allows easy reboot of all connected devices.
- Switches to apply 120 Ohm terminating resistors for all 3 CAN channels (C/D, H/J, F/G).
- Two J1939 Type I receptacles allows Type I or Type II cables to be connected simultaneously.
- Two J1939 Type II plugs allows connection to Type I or Type II vehicle receptacles.
- Banana plug receptacles to provide access to all signals from the Deutsch 9-pin connector.