For use on straight and tapered king pins from 7/8” to 2 5/32”. Please note that Isuzu NPR and GMC/Chevrolet W-series trucks require a custom adapter (Part Number 90150-15). This tool is also not compatible with FL981 axles where the tie rod is cast to the spindle.
There are 3 forcing screws included with this kit:
- The 0.875″ diameter forcing screw and reducer are used on king pins 1.25″ in diameter or smaller.
- The 1.25″ diameter forcing screw (6″ length) is used on king pins 1.25″ in diameter or larger where there is limited space above theking pin. Once the short forcing screw has run out of travel exchange for 12″.
- The 1.25″ diameter forcing screw (12″ length) is used on 1.25″ diameter or larger. Note: Both 1.25″ diameter forcing screws share the same anvil.
- Select the corresponding forcing screw and thread it into the screw plate. Rest the assembly on top of the spindle aligning the forcing screw over the king pin.
- Select the clearance plate and two 1⁄2″ x 15″ long socket head cap screws. Align the center hole of the clearance plate under the spindle to the screw plate above. Install the two 5⁄8″ x 15″ long bolts in the outer holes and thread them into the clearance plate.
- Select the two 5⁄8″ x 6″ long tap bolts that are located beneath the torque arms and thread them into the torque arms as shown. Select the remaining two 5⁄8″ x 15” long socket head cap screws and install them into the inner holes on the screw plate and torque arm, and thread into the clearance plate.
- Adjust the tap bolt length so the heads are resting against the axle. Snug up the four 5⁄8″ x 15″ long socket head cap screws so that the frame does not shift. Apply force to the forcing screw using an impact gun to begin operation.
With all the care, craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into every Tiger Tool product, you can be sure you’re choosing a product that’s built to last and engineered to perform. Tiger Tool offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on castings, two years on machined or threaded parts and one year warranty on hydraulic components.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size king pins can I remove? This tool is designed for use on straight and tapered king pins, and will accommodate sizes from 7/8″ to 2 5/32″ king pins.