Safely and efficiently remove pitman arms on 2-ton and larger trucks.
- High strength pulling arms adjust to fit various pitman arm widths.
- Eliminates dangerous hammering and cutting torch methods.
- Can be used with a 1/2″ impact tool.
- Simple to slip on for instant results.
- Safety Warning Read all instructions and safety warnings prior to operation. Failure to do so could result in equipment damage, personal injury or even death.
- Remove the nut from the through bolt.
- Remove the through bolt from the pitman arm.
- Slide the 2 link arms onto each side of the pulling bar with the pulling pins entering the through bolt hole of the pitman arm. Align the wedge with the parting line of the pitman arm and hand tighten the screw until the assembly is tight and in proper position.
- Continue to turn the forcing screw with a wrench or air ratchet until the wedge has spread the pitman arm sufficiently to allow the pitman arm to be removed. Use caution not to spread the arm excessively.
Refer to steering box manufacturer’s service instructions or vehicle service manual for further information.
With all the care, craftsmanship and attention to detail that goes into every Tiger Tool product, you can be sure you’re choosing a product that’s built to last and engineered to perform. Tiger Tool offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty on castings, two years on machined or threaded parts and one year warranty on hydraulic components. You can read more about Tiger Tool on our Blog page.
Frequently Asked Questions
What trucks will this work on? The 10386 Pitman arm spreader will work on 2 ton trucks and higher.